At Carpet Mill Outlet Stores, we know carpet.
If you are looking for a great place to buy carpet and feel confident in that carpet purchase, come visit us at any one of our 12 front range locations. Let our knowledgeable carpet sales professionals guide you in selecting the perfect home carpet or commercial carpet for your unique style and budget. We offer very low carpet prices, quality carpet pad and convenient carpet installation. Follow us weekly on Facebook for our carpet sale promotions, giveaways and tips on selecting, cleaning and other handy carpeting information.
Carpet can offer more versatility, comfort, ease of maintenance and health benefits than other flooring options. It is also more “budget-friendly” than most other choices and there are styles to coordinate with every décor.
We’re seeing a definite trend toward fashion in carpet. Textures, different types of yarn systems, different colorations, patterns, tone-on-tone prints, looped carpet, tip shears anything that has interest or fashion seems to be very accepted.
Ready to shop for a new floor? So much lies ahead, let us guide you through the process. The better you understand not just what you like but what your room needs, the better your flooring selection will be.
Think about room logistics:
• How do you use the room most?
• What types of activities are common in this room?
• What are the room’s lighting sources?
• What is the size of the room?
• Does the room flow into others or stand alone?
Think about existing or intended aesthetic:
• How do you want to feel when you’re in this room?
• What types of furnishings do you have?
• What’s the style of the room? Traditional? Contemporary? Rustic?
• What’s the feel of the room? Casual? Formal? Somewhere in between?
Consider risk factors for the room:
• Will people have food in this room?
• Will kids play in this room?
• Will kids play with their food in this room?
• Does the room directly open up to the outside?
• Do you have indoor pets?
Understand expectations for the room:
• Is your new flooring purchase motivated by style or practical reasons?
• Are you living with this new flooring or planning to sell your home?
• What’s the first thing you want to notice when you enter the room?
The better prepared you are to answer these questions, the easier it will be to select the best flooring for your home. Carpet cushion or padding is a critical flooring component. It provides the foundation for your carpet, responsible for enhancing both comfort and durability. Padding is constructed of several different materials, including sponge rubber, foam rubber, urethane foam, bonded urethane and felted combinations of hair and jute. Always follow manufacturers’ recommendations for cushion weight, density, and thickness.
No other flooring warms and insulates a room like carpet.
The warm comfort that carpet provides is not just your imagination. Unlike other types of flooring, carpet is a natural insulator, providing additional warmth in cold seasons. The use of carpet in a wall-to-wall application actually increases the R-value, or insulation level, of the carpet area, potentially saving homeowners like you utility costs while reducing energy use. The R-value (thermal resistance) measures how much a material resists the movement of heat through a ceiling, wall, or floor in a building. The higher the number, the more effective the insulation.