Add Timeless Elegance To Your Home With Hardwood Flooring In Fort Collins
Despite being one of the oldest flooring materials in human existence, hardwood continues to be the most popular option throughout the world and it’s not hard to imagine why. If maintained properly, hardwood floors can last for years. and they are easy to maintain. They are also resistant to damage from water, heavy footfall and scratches. In case of any damages, they can be easily replaced or repaired by sanding and refinishing all the blemishes. Hardwood adds warmth to the home in terms of both color and insulation. The huge variety of plants they come from means different textures and colors depending on the wood chosen. Because of this they work in all sorts of settings, it doesn’t matter if it’s a studio apartment or an old mansion. The sound of footsteps against solid wood floors has an appealing rhythm, especially in empty hallways. It also helps that they add to the house’s market price. Which is why we recommend our customers to browse through our catalog of hardwood flooring in Fort Collins.
Against Others Wood Floorings
Other than hardwood, wood flooring in Fort Collins of other categories are also available in the market.
Plywood floor is the cheapest option, resistant to water and works in cold and warm climates. But they fall short against hardwood on all the aforementioned qualities plus they are neither as tough as the latter against moisture and scratches nor as pleasant to look at.
Laminate wood is admittedly more affordable, durable and easier to clean than hardwood as they are made out of pressed wood and laminated with an anti-UV ray layer but again they aren’t as gorgeous as their solid counterparts. Plus, it’s harder to repair or replace laminate wood while real wood can be easily repaired and replaced.
Softwood is more affordable than the hard ones but not as durable or resistant against footfall and scratches.
Range Of Hardwood Floors
At Carpet Mill Outlet Flooring Stores, we pride ourselves for our wide range of hardwood flooring in Fort Collins which include:
- Oak: One of the most popular choices, oak is durable, water-resistant and come in a variety of colors which go along with all sorts of architectures.
- Maple: Maple floors are trendy and go along with any décor. Once applied, they can last for generations.
- Cherry: Not as scratch-resistant as others on the list, but it has a pinkish hue which gets darker with time.
- Acacia: The density of this gorgeous wood makes it impermeable to water making it invulnerable to warping and discoloring when washing the floor. It can last as long as forty years even without treatments and protectants.
- Hickory: This has a rustic and distressed feel that complements all sorts of décor.
- Bamboo: Admittedly a grass rather than a tree, it is counted as hard timber as it is harder than oak and maple. Its fibers are tightly interwoven, making it very water-resistant. It comes in many colors and is the new craze in the wooden surface department.
Wood flooring in Fort Collins can last for years, even generations, which is why it’s important to consider all your options before making the final choice.
You can create your dream home in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains with affordable, eco-friendly carpet and flooring options from our Fort Collins, Carpet Mill store. Contact us today or swing by for assistance in choosing the right material and style to update your home!