Eco-friendly options are not just trendy; they are necessary, these days. Almost every business is switching from potentially toxic chemicals to safe and effective options for many household products, from cleaners to carpeting. Even your furniture and flooring has found an eco-friendly spot on the shelves. When was the last time you looked for something affordable yet environmentally safe for you and your family? Are you currently in DIY mode and looking for a fresh option? Maybe it’s time to uproot your current flooring and check out your local eco-friendly flooring company Denver store.
What Know Beforehand
While hundreds of manufacturers tout their eco-friendly flooring options, take a good look at what materials they have to offer when it comes to your home’s furnishings
The right eco-friendly flooring for your business or home should highly reflect in the materials. Renewable and natural resources are what make environmentally-friendly products. Consider if these products are recycled materials or if the manufacturer sustainably sourced their products. It’s also important to consider the ethics behind obtaining these materials and whether they are made in a safe and fair environment. The materials should not only be biodegradable and long-lasting, but also free of toxic materials, such as volatile organic chemicals that are considered a natural adhesive or finish to the flooring.
Eco-Friendly Flooring Options
Your local eco-friendly flooring company Denver store should have a wide selection to choose from. Each flooring has its own unique traits and challenges, so be sure to ask a store representative before you make a solid decision. Here’s a quick list of environmentally-friendly flooring options for your home or business.
- Engineered hardwood – This is real wood consisting of natural material. It is as environmentally-friendly as it gets! It’s combined with solid wood and veneer with a core of plywood and makes an incredibly durable flooring option. Its recycled materials and engineered wood veneer makes it identical to hardwood and can be treated pretty much as traditional hardwood. It is a long-lasting flooring type with low VOC levels. These types of floors look great in kitchens, dining rooms, and even some bedrooms, as they can stand up to most weight and heavier objects.
- Bamboo – extremely popular for its traditional appearance and versatility, this environmentally-friendly product comes in a variety of stains and textures. It’s a tropical product that comes from warmer climates, so keep this in mind if you live in a four-season location. Perhaps bathrooms, and even offices and bedrooms would be the perfect location for this eco-friendly flooring.
- Recycled materials – recycled materials such as recycled glass, reclaimed hardwood, or even polyterephthalate are just some materials that make eco-friendly floorings. These are simply materials that would have otherwise gone to landfills but instead were recycled to make your beautiful, long-lasting flooring for your home.
- Stone – Stone tiles are a beautiful and elegant and all natural, eco-friendly option for your home. Whether you need an additional room in your kitchen or you’re looking for a relaxing atmosphere for your bathroom, stone tiles provided all.
- Laminate – Believe it or not, laminate flooring has come a long way. Composed of three layers, laminate flooring is an eco-friendly option that adds value and style to your home for an exceptional cost. Each layer is made by sustainably-recycled materials, from wood to embossed paper.
When you’re looking for an eco-friendly flooring company Denver store, this list will give you an overview of eco-friendly options to choose from. Carpet Mill Outlet Flooring stores offer a wide selection, whether you’re shopping online or visiting one of our locations. Contact us today for a free in-home estimate!